OrthoAccel Technologies, Inc. (OA), founded in 2007 and located in Houston, TX, is a venture-backed medical device company. It is engaged in the development and commercialization of a product-line of dental appliances. Its technology accelerates bone-remodeling to reduce the duration required to complete orthodontic treatment.
The Senior Software Engineer will be the software & firmware design lead engineer on new product development and sustaining engineering efforts as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Integral part of a cross-functional team (e.g. biomedical, clinical, quality, electrical, etc.) responsible for new product development and ownership of complete product cycle from product requirements to transfer into manufacturing. Assist product definition and be the primary lead for all software and firmware development. Develop and maintain device-level firmware, and manage outside technology partners used to augment design capabilities for mobile applications, computer applications, and server/cloud-based infrastructure. Interface with corporate IT to ensure implementation of product communication features with databases and network infrastructure.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- BSCSE + 10 years experience
- Architectural level Technical lead experience for > 3 products
- Strong Microcontroller/Microprocessor development experience, including system interfacing with common peripherals such as I2C, SPI, UART, ADC, DAC, etc.
- Embedded C device-level firmware development experience with emphasis in low-power design.
- Deep understanding of the software life-cycle
- Thorough understanding of computer architecture for Microcontrollers/Microprocessors
- Excellent project management and time management skills
- Strong reasoning and problem solving skills
- High level of analytical design skills using facts and data
- Experience coding firmware without an operating system
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Medical Device software experience
- Mobile application, (e.g. iOS, Android, etc.) development experience
- Relational Database design and implementation experience (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, etc.)
- Experience implementing or utilizing proprietary packeted communication protocols
- ISM-band wireless development experience such as BlueTooth, Wi-Fi, or Zigbee
Low travel requirement – typically 10% or less over the year.
Dependent on Experience.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.