OrthoAccel Technologies, Inc. (OA), founded in 2007 and located in Houston, TX, is a venture‐backed medical device company. It is engaged in the development and commercialization of a product‐line of dental appliances. Its technology accelerates bone‐remodeling to reduce the duration required to complete orthodontic treatment.
The Senior Electrical Engineer will be the electrical design lead engineer on new product development and sustaining engineering efforts as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Assist product team in defining new products, perform electrical design & analysis tasks including design trade‐off decisions in accordance with product priorities. Manage outsourced design resources such as reliability engineering, software development, etc. Work with existing biomedical engineer to design and implement complete product solution meeting all design goals as laid out in product requirements document, including transfer into manufacturing.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- BSEE + 10 years’ experience or MSEE + 7 years’ experience
- Hands‐on electronic and/or electro‐mechanical design & product development experience >5 years
- Experience managing ODM and or CDM suppliers developing electronic or electro‐mechanical devices
- Mobile / Portable Consumer electronics experience (low cost)
- Big Company & startup experience both required
- Prior Design Team Lead experience for > 3 products
- Analog & Digital design experience
- FPGA &/or uP programming experience
- Experience programming in C
- USB & Bluetooth device experience
- Strong reasoning and problem solving skills
- High level of analytical design skills using facts and data.
- Architectural level Technical lead experience
- Li‐Ion battery experience
- Electrical Analysis, Power Analysis, Thermal Analysis skills.
- Electrical CAD experience including PCB layout & Gerber files
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- M.E. or CS Degree in addition to EE degree
- IP67 or IP68 product experience
- Firmware programming experience
- Medical Device experience
- Familiar with IEC 60601 3rd ed testing
Low travel requirement – typically 10% or less over the year.
Commensurate with Experience.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.