Based in Houston, Texas, OrthoAccel® Technologies, Inc. is a privately owned medical device company currently engaged in the development, manufacturing, and marketing of products to enhance dental care and orthodontic treatment.
OrthoAccel® developed and sells AcceleDent® Aura, the first FDA-cleared clinical approach to safely accelerate orthodontic tooth movement by applying gentle micropulses (SoftPulse Technology™) as a complement to existing orthodontic treatment. More information can be found at acceledent.com and acceledent.co.uk or requested via email@example.com.
The Quality Assurance Intern will report to the Director of Quality and Regulatory Affairs. S/he will support numerous cross-functional projects primarily in the Operations & Quality Assurance departments, from document review and change control to complaint investigations and product related testing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The intern will be responsible for complaint product check-in, quality document maintenance (edits, scanning, and filing), process follow-up and equipment calibration scheduling. The QA intern will also assist with product related investigations and drafting/executing product testing protocols and reports. The intern will provide a ‘can-do’ attitude when approaching new challenges and opportunities in a growing company. S/he will bring a detail-oriented, precise and crisp approach to execution, including setting the example around the organization as necessary. The candidate must have the ability to support Quality Assurance and Operations staff in all efforts including product sustaining, technology evaluations, testing, document control, and quality improvements to move projects forward in a timely manner.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• On a path to a BS degree in a scientific or related field (including biology, chemistry, engineering, etc.)
• Ability to commit a minimum of 15-20 hours minimum a week
• Familiarity with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Work Instructions (WIs), testing protocols and reports
• Basic understanding of regulations and standards (CFR, ISO, etc.)
• Experience with detailed technical writing
• Exceptionally detail oriented and highly organized
• Exceptionally reliable and dependable
• Must be self-motivated and a self-starter
• Ability to work both in a team setting and individually
• Excellent verbal, written, and problem solving skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word
• Must be able to work in fast paced environment
• Ability to understand, investigate, and learn about new topics relatively quickly
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Previous internship or work experience.
• Good computer skills and proficient with MS Office products
• Experience with data analysis
• Minimum GPA of 3.0
No travel requirements for this position.
Dependent on Experience
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org with salary requirements. Kindly include the position for which you are applying in the subject line. Due to the volume of resumes we receive, only qualified candidates will be contacted. No calls, please.
Thank you for your interest in OrthoAccel Technologies, Inc.