OrthoAccel® Technologies is a dynamic and growing privately owned medical device company developing products to enhance dental care and orthodontic treatment. OrthoAccel’s AcceleDent® Aura is a simple-to-use, hands-free device designed for faster orthodontic treatment with only 20 minutes daily use. It is a FDA-cleared, Class II medical device. Through the use of gentle micropulses, called SoftPulse Technology® , bone remodeling is accelerated, allowing teeth to move up to 50% faster.
The Engineering Intern will support numerous cross-functional projects primarily in the Operations & Engineering departments, from engineering development and sustaining projects to internal process improvement efforts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The intern will be responsible for testing of components or systems, executing test protocols, analysis of the data, and drafting final test reports. The intern will also be assigned various software engineering projects, including evaluation, development and testing of various software systems. The intern will provide a ‘can-do’ attitude when approaching new challenges and opportunities in a growing company. Bring a detail-oriented, precise and crisp approach to execution, including setting the example around the organization as necessary. Ability to support Operations staff in all efforts including product sustaining, technology evaluations, testing, document control, and quality improvements to move projects forward in a timely manner.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Major in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Ability to commit 15-20 hours a week
- Familiarity with typical electronic laboratory equipment such as oscilloscope, digital multi-meter …
- Familiarity with commonly used software languages (e.g. C/C++, Java, Python…)
- Exceptionally detail oriented
- Exceptionally reliable and dependable
- Must be self-motivated and a self-starter
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Ability to understand, investigate, and learn about new topics relatively quickly
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Previous internship experience
- Laboratory experiment setup and test
- Programming experience with Windows, Android, iOS or LabVIEW
No travel requirements for this position.
Dependent on Experience
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org with salary requirements. Kindly include the position for which you are applying in the subject line. Due to the volume of resumes we receive, only qualified candidates will be contacted. No calls, please.
Thank you for your interest in OrthoAccel Technologies, Inc.