OrthoAccel Technologies, Inc. (OA), founded in 2007 and located in Houston, TX, is a venture-backed medical device company. It is engaged in the development and commercialization of a product-line of dental appliances. Its technology accelerates bone-remodeling to reduce the duration required to complete orthodontic treatment.
The Electrical Engineer position will be in the Operations Department, with dual responsibilities supporting Quality. The Electrical Engineer is an entry-level position that will support manufacturing/production operations, new product development, and troubleshooting potential technical issues that might impact the quality of OrthoAccel products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Diagnose and troubleshoot technical product issues within a Closed Loop Corrective Action process as needed within the Quality Department. Diagnoses shall be driven to root cause and furnished with recommendations and implementations for revision to product designs, specifications, manufacturing procedures, test procedures, quality processes and/or documentation. Contribute to cross-functional teams for new product development, product sustaining efforts, continuous product quality improvement, design changes, and applicable documentation to effect responsibilities
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- BSEE/BSCompE/BSCS/BSME plus internship(s) or work experience with electronic or electro-mechanical products
- 0 – 2 years’ experience.
- Hands-on debug & diagnostic experience on electrical or electronic products using standard laboratory measurement equipment (e.g. oscilloscopes, MultiMeter, etc.).
- Good reasoning and problem solving skills
- Design and Analysis familiarity/experience for Analog and Digital circuits.
- Ability to review product design/engineering documents, drawings, and schematics in support of product troubleshooting and implementing design changes.
- Must be self-motivated and a self-starter
- Effective organization, prioritization, interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Completes projects in a timely manner
- Ability to work in a team based environment
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Quality Systems Experience
- FPGA, MCU, or microprocessor programming experience
- Mobile / Portable or Consumer electronics experience
- Understands design and manufacturing guidelines for PCBA manufacturing
- Experience with IEC, ISO, ASTM, AAMI standards
- Medical Device experience
- Understanding CAPA System
- Some familiarity with eCAD tools such as OrCAD, Spice/LT-Spice, etc.
- Some familiarity with mCAD tools such as SolidWorks.
Low travel requirement – typically 15% or less over the year.
Dependent on Experience.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.