OrthoAccel Technologies, Inc. (OA), founded in 2007 and located in Houston, TX, is a venture-backed medical device company. It is engaged in the development and commercialization of a product-line of dental appliances. Its technology accelerates bone-remodeling to reduce the duration required to complete orthodontic treatment.
The Project Engineer will support and lead numerous cross-functional projects primarily in the Operations & Engineering departments, from engineering development projects to internal process improvement efforts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Using sound project management methodologies drive cross-functional projects to completion on schedule and within budget, including initial project scoping, requirements development, planning and budgeting, project & schedule management, and contingency planning, all throughout the product lifecycle. Also lead non-product projects to drive improvement activities throughout the Operations & Engineering departments including customer service, quality, regulatory, etc. Provide leadership within the organization with a ‘can-do’ attitude when approaching new challenges & opportunities in a growing company. Bring a detail-oriented, precise & crisp approach to execution, including setting the example around the organization as necessary. Provide Project Management leadership to drive cross-functional projects outside of Operations & Engineering as requested (e.g. major IT upgrades, regulatory activities, etc.) Drive projects to meet all scope, schedule, cost & quality targets. Consistently follow structured project management methodology and rigor in all projects while remaining flexible, nimble, supportive & helpful.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- BS/BA Degree in a related field
- Prior experience leading projects including creating project schedules.
- Exceptionally detail oriented
- Proven Track Record at completing projects on time and under budget
- Must be self-motivated and a self-starter
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Effective organization, prioritization, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and problem solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including MS Project
- Must be able to work in fast paced environment
- Ability to understand, investigate, and learn about new topics relatively quickly
- Ability to work with and support engineering, document control, supply chain, contract manufacturer to move projects forward in a timely manner
- Electro-mechanical device experience or engineering undergrad degree
- Demonstrates ability to lead projects from concept through release in a regulated industry
- 2+ Years’ experience
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- PMP Certification
- FDA Quality Management System Experience (Medical Device experience)
- Prior experience creating project budgets
Low travel requirement – typically 10% or less over the year.
Dependent on Experience
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.