Based in Houston, Texas, OrthoAccel® Technologies, Inc. is a privately owned medical device company currently engaged in the development, manufacturing, and marketing of products to enhance dental care and orthodontic treatment.
OrthoAccel® developed and sells AcceleDent® Aura, the first FDA-cleared clinical approach to safely accelerate orthodontic tooth movement by applying gentle micropulses (SoftPulse Technology™) as a complement to existing orthodontic treatment. More information can be found at acceledent.com and acceledent.co.uk or requested via firstname.lastname@example.org.
This upstream product management position is responsible for leading & managing a pipeline of OrthoAccel Technologies product innovations, including the software applications that support the sale of AcceleDent Aura across professional channels. Responsibilities include managing the entire customer experience for all related medical devices and accessories, as well as all related software products, with the goal of improving the functionality of the AcceleDent appliance for doctors and patients.
This high-visibility leadership position will lead a cross-functional team in the planning and execution of new product initiatives across the entire AcceleDent product mix from inception through launch and post-launch monitoring, tracking and analyzing business results, ensuring that the “voice of the customer” is sufficiently captured and integrated in all product solutions delivered to the marketplace. Also important will be staying current with the orthodontic marketplace and maintaining a thorough understanding of emerging competitive offerings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Develop and implement product launch plans, working with all departments to execute.
- Become the market expert for the AcceleDent product portfolio, and lead the innovations that impact the AcceleDent orthodontic appliance and all related software and doctor communication tools.
- Identify knowledge gaps, then initiate new market research to gain actionable insights to drive product development activities to support the broader vision of the company.
- Work cross-functionally (primarily Development/Engineering, and Marketing Communications) to develop and maintain product innovation roadmaps for major product lines and to initiate the review of new ideas and the pursuit of approved initiatives.
- Develop and analyze business cases factoring investment costs, COGS, cost of sales/service and revenue returns to support and justify the execution of new product innovations.
- Maintain an awareness of the competitive landscape and actively seek to stay current with new competitive innovations and product offerings.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS/BA or equivalent experience required, preferably in healthcare, engineering, technology, or business-related field. MBA is preferred.
- Minimum 5+ years experience successfully managing products such as product roadmaps, product requirements, and competitive analysis. Medical Device and Orthodontic industry experience is a plus.
- Experience with technology-based products, web-based products, or software products is a plus.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Multi-tasking, someone who can work in a fast-paced environment, can juggle multiple projects at once, while solving for the highest priorities first.
- Customer focused
- Strong Communicational skills (writing, oral, and presenting)
- Good team player with the ability to excel within a team environment
- Strong project management skills and ability to demonstrate leadership
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels in an organization
- Self-starter that shows initiative, takes action, and maintains ownership
- Thinks strategically and uses sound judgment
- Strong analytical and process skills
- Results and details-oriented
- Highly-polished and professional
Competitive salary, variable compensation, medical insurance package, 401K and participation in OrthoAccel’s SOIP (Stock Option Incentive Plan). Compensation package will be competitive with medical devices/biotechnology compensation markets, commensurate with qualifications, expertise, and experience.
Ability to travel up to 20%
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.