Based in Houston, Texas, OrthoAccel® Technologies, Inc. is a privately owned medical device company engaged in the creation, development, marketing and sales of innovative products and solutions to enhance dental care and orthodontic treatment.
As a relatively young company, OrthoAccel® Technologies, Inc. has been ranked #2 in Texas and #69 nationally on Deloitte’s 2015 Technology Fast 500, a prestigious ranking that recognizes the fastest growing companies in North America. OrthoAccel manufactures AcceleDent®, an FDA-cleared, Class II medical device that speeds up orthodontic tooth movement by as much as 50 percent. AcceleDent, the Leader in Accelerated Orthodontics™, is recommended by many of the industry’s leading orthodontists as the fast, safe and gentle solution to accelerate orthodontic treatment.
The Practice Integration Director (PID) will provide support in key growth markets through the utilization of Practice Integration Consultants (PICs). Reporting to the Vice President of Sales, the PID will develop and lead a team of the PICs for the coordination and execution of customer training and practice integration strategies to increase penetration of AcceleDent technology within new and existing accounts in the United States and Canada.
The PID will work closely with Marketing and the Sales Directors to develop and manage our practice integration strategy. Weekly communication is critical to ensure all customer facing resources are messaging from the same sales play book. Daily management of the PICs is necessary to evaluate the programs’ effectiveness with metric-based performance targets. In addition to overseeing the execution of practice integration programs, the PID will oversee the hiring, training, evaluation and development of all PICs within their respective areas. Inspection of daily tasks and goals are required to ensure the expectations for this role are met.
The PID may be a remote position. Along with the PIC co-travels, there will be required trips to the OrthoAccel corporate office for meetings with Sales Directors and cross-functional peers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead and support PIC team, which results by planning, monitoring, and appraising job results and coaching/developing and performance managing employees.
• Assist in developing, implementing and leading sales and marketing programs
• Assist sales in implementing the company’s sales and marketing program to establish a culture of consultative selling to customer’s decision-makers at all levels.
• Establishes practice integration performance objectives with the VP of Sales and Marketing by creating an engagement plan and penetration targets for territories in support of objectives
• Field evaluation of all PICs in order to monitor individual performance levels (which will include WFS (weekly Field Summary) reports that are coordinated with the PICs and Sales management.
• Supervision of weekly and monthly PIC meetings to obtain intelligence about program metrics, sales, PIC performance, PIC practice integration challenges, and overall success and challenges
• Ability to build relationships with practices to overcome challenges to product integration
• Promotes the successful integration of the products by establishing contacts and developing relationships with key customers and recommending solutions to upper level management
• Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies
• Maintains and expands customer base by counseling PICs; building and maintaining rapport with key customers; identifying new customer opportunities
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• BS/BA or equivalent experience required, preferably in healthcare, technology, or business-related field.
• Minimum of ten years proven sales or sales management experience in the orthodontic specialty field OR minimum of 10 years of management experience as a practice development manager.
• Excellent communication and rapport building skills
• Technical computing efficiency in MS Office programs including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Orthodontic Practice Experience
• A Sales skill-set that includes: drive and self-motivation, strong interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to plan, organize, close and deliver, and the capacity to work autonomously.
• A successful track record closing technical/medical sales also a plus.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, interfacing with multiple constituencies including orthodontists, support staff and sales in order to effectively build relationships with external customers and internal team members.
• Superior team building and leadership skills
• Deep understanding of the orthodontic specialist office structure and operation
• Deep understanding of orthodontic treatment modalities and clinical regimens
• Proficiency in sales force automation and digital presentation technology
• Analytical skills with an emphasis in market analysis
• Business acumen (tactical plans for accounts, understanding business drivers of orthodontic accounts)
• Ability to work with individuals at all levels in an organization
• Results and details-oriented
• Highly-polished and professional
• Ability to travel up to 75% of time