OrthoAccel Technologies, Inc. (OA), founded in 2007 and located in Houston, TX, is a venture-backed medical device company. It is engaged in the development and commercialization of a product-line of dental appliances. Its technology accelerates bone-remodeling to reduce the duration required to complete orthodontic treatment.
The Electronics Technician reports directly to the Quality Assurance Manager, and has primary responsibilities supporting the timely evaluation of customer complaints on electro-mechanical medical devices, identifying failure modes by performing root cause analysis and documenting those results as required per FDA regulations. Additionally, the Technician will support R&D as needed with prototyping, testing, and experimentation. The Technician will also be responsible for performing other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Investigate customer complaints by troubleshooting returned units using any or all of the following methods: simulated use testing, visual inspections, physical testing, and electronic component system evaluation.
- Diagnose all product failures to true Root Cause including component-level failures.
- Must be able to evaluate printed circuit boards and components, perform diagnostic evaluation utilizing the appropriate bench equipment & tools.
- Must be able to read and understand electrical schematics, PC Board design and layout.
- Must have an understanding of software e.g. C Source code, understand and interpret software requirements and how they apply to device functionality.
- Document all activities related to customer complaint investigations by preparing formal written investigations and conclusion statements.
- Prepare presentations and reports to management on customer complaint activity and trends on a routine basis.
- Prepare and present information and data to Management, external auditors, and regulators as needed.
- May assist with helping to maintain certain aspects of the Quality Management System as needed e.g. Corrective and preventative actions, design and prototype product evaluation, etc.
- May communicate directly with suppliers on reports of customer complaints, issue, track and trend supplier issues and corrective actions.
- May communicate directly via phone and email with sales, marketing, and customers to receive and document reports of customer complaints.
- Communicate with design engineers, provide input to detailed test plans and procedures, and conduct detailed experiments and tests following test protocols.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma with 8 years related experience or
- 2 year degree/technical trade school with 4 years related experience or
- 4 year degree / BSET
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.