Based in Houston, Texas, OrthoAccel® Technologies, Inc. is a privately owned medical device company engaged in the creation, development, marketing and sales of innovative products and solutions to enhance dental care and orthodontic treatment.
As a relatively young company, OrthoAccel® Technologies, Inc. has been ranked #2 in Texas and #69 nationally on Deloitte’s 2015 Technology Fast 500, a prestigious ranking that recognizes the fastest growing companies in North America. OrthoAccel manufactures AcceleDent®, an FDA-cleared, Class II medical device that speeds up orthodontic tooth movement by as much as 50 percent. AcceleDent, the Leader in Accelerated Orthodontics™, is recommended by many of the industry’s leading orthodontists as the fast, safe and gentle solution to accelerate orthodontic treatment.
This position has primary management responsibility for leading clinical education and training programs both internally and externally to further practice integration of AcceleDent, with the goal of standard of care. This high-visibility leadership position reports to the Chief Innovation Officer and Vice President of Marketing. Major focus will be to further develop the Key Opinion Leader program as well as to build out a North American speaker’s bureau to create positive company and product engagement within the orthodontic community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for leading the design and development of curriculum, and evaluating current and new educational programs to ensure that the company’s strategic goals are being met.
• Develop and manage clinical training and continuing education programs via online learning, webinars, and professional workshops; both internally to inside sales and field sales organization and externally to orthodontists and orthodontic staff.
• Proactively evaluate and implement new clinical education methodologies to ensure continuing clinical education programs and schedules meet the needs of the business.
• Collaborates cross-functionally and with external speaker pool on creation of curriculum and training.
• Keep current with clinical literature, clinical initiatives/guidelines, competitive landscape, and industry trends in order to effectively train sales organization and corporate departments.
• Manage clinical education and training activities at company sponsored local, regional, and national orthodontic industry conferences and events.
• Contribute to the training of new field sales personnel and company personnel on AcceleDent products and practice related initiatives.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• BS/BA required, preferably in healthcare or business-related field.
• Minimum of 10 years of training/education related experience in a clinical or health care field.
• Ideal candidate will have had field sales/clinical support experience in medical devices or equipment.
• Practice management consulting in orthodontic industry is a plus.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• A track record of performance excellence, meeting targets and objectives.
• Organizational leadership and team development, with a “lead by example” mentality.
• Demonstrated ability to create strong rapport and collaborative, consultative relationship with orthodontists and orthodontic professionals.
• Proactive and well-organized communicator with excellent oral and written skills.
• Result driven leader with innovative ideas; willing to take calculated risks.
• Effective organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
• Strong relationship management capabilities with sales team members and clinical partners.
• Excellent organizational skills and flexibility to thrive in a dynamic start-up environment.
• Highly-polished and professional.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to travel up to 50%.
COMPENSATION: Competitive salary offered with benefits package based on candidate’s qualifications, experience and skills